SEO (search engine optimization) is something that every website should be conscious of but selecting an SEO firm is difficult as there are infinite options and everyone claims to be ‘the best’. While there are thousands of “SEO experts” and every day there are more and more SEO experts in Minnesota, here are 7 questions to ask in your first meeting with them.
Who is Matt Cutts?
- If they don’t know – run. This is guy is basically THE guru for SEO
Who are your current SEO clients?
- Get the SEO firm’s clients phone numbers and call them. Asks for specifics like increased conversion rates, traffic increases, do they produce, responsiveness, etc.
How do you gauge ROI for SEO?
- The SEO firm should be able to provide ROI models based on your current traffic levels, sale size, margin, current conversion rate, etc. Basically, they should be able to tell you how they’ll earn their pay.
How do you select keywords that will target my customers?
- As the whole point of SEO is to increase traffic to your site based on the keywords that best describe your company, this is very important. If the keywords you target are either unwinnable, have no traffic volume, will provide unqualified traffic (too general), etc. you will be very disappointed in your results.
How do you report your progress?
- SEO is pretty boring so the last thing any client wants to do is have a monthly call to talk about what happened. At Irish Titan we provides clients’ with a very clean 6-10 page monthly SEO report that clearly shows traffic levels, bounce rates, conversion rates, search only traffic levels, SERP ranking (the rankings of your targeted keywords and the difference from last month), social media summary and a short monthly summary of what happened and why. As this is how you will evaluate the SEO firm over time you will want to see a sample report.
What is black hat SEO and do you do it?
- Black hat SEO (in a nutshell) is buying and renting links. You should never do this as you can be delisted or kicked off Google all together if they catch you.
How do you think the Google Panda update has effect search?
- They should touch on the following subjects when discussing:
- Spun, repeated content has been devaluated
- Social media is starting to matter more
- Low PR links and link farm links have been devalued (more than before)
These 7 questions should help you pick a great SEO. As with all things, you typically get what you pay for so while Irish Titan might not be the cheapest SEO company in Minneapolis we can produce. Call us today for a free SEO snapshot to see if we can help you achieve your SEO needs.