If you want to be a number, look elsewhere. It’s that simple. But if you want challenge and reward, read on. Because for those of you brave enough and talented enough, you can contribute to a company honored with multiple Best Places to Work awards (from Minnesota Business Magazine and the Minneapolis St. Paul Business Journal) 100 Best Places to Work, and a 2014 Minnesota Business Ethics Award Finalist.
We are a digital agency seeking ridiculous talent. Personality and cultural mojo will be as important as skillset because our culture and pace are unique and not for everyone. And we’re only closed 2 days a year: St. Patrick’s Day and the day after. Kidding. Sort of. Our culture is based on a combination of Business First, Online Second™ (our “Why”), Partnerships - Not Transactions (our “How”) and POTIS (ask us what this means).
The Software Engineer is responsible for collaborative participation on complex web development initiatives, including code development, documentation, and QA. The Software Engineer strives to ensure that their projects are delivered both to specification and within budget. The ideal candidate for this position must possess an understanding of relational databases, application architecture, and other backend technical capabilities.
- Perform backend development efforts as directed for 2-4 simultaneous projects at a time
- Work with clients to solicit and/or confirm information necessary to write functional and technical requirements
- Review functional and technical requirements for missing information
- Perform development related project tasks as required
- Remain up-to-date with software versions of Irish Titan development packages, platforms and tools
- Produce documentation, as needed, including functional and technical requirements and user stories
- Adhere to time tracking, task management, and data management practices as required
- Maintain high quality code by unit-testing processes defined at a minimum, and coded in place ideally <code>in our terms, what is produced = greenprint</code>
- Must have at least 3 years of experience.
- POTIS. Which means that there isn’t a lot of room for “that’s not my job” mentalities. You must display confidence and enthusiasm when executing tasks and be willing to help wherever you’re needed.
- We’re running fast, so experience and comfort level with a fast-paced, deadline-driven culture is a must
- At least 3 years experience with MySQL syntax and database structures, PHP, and CSS.
- Magento Developer plus certification (a plus)
- Experience with other languages and frameworks such as Java and python (a plus)
- Experience with mobile app development for Android and iOS (a plus)